Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Recently, I've been trying to get back into making art and rediscovering my illustration style. This has proven to be a difficult task for me with everything else I already have started and need to stay focused on. I've spent many hours in the past couple of weeks drawing out different ideas and working with different mediums. So far, I have 3 different series that I want to work on. I think that I'll probably just work on all 3 at the same time because that's generally how I work. I'm a multi-tasker, but also a bit unfocused at times because I have so many ideas that I want to execute! We've also been spending much of our time searching for a home to buy. The painting above is the first in a new series that my husband and I have started together. A 'home' related theme seemed to make the most sense for the time we're experiencing in our lives at the moment! I look forward to sharing many more in this series and others in the coming weeks! Above & below are a couple of baby shower invites that I recently designed for friends bringing cute little babies into the world this month!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want it! :) I love the way you did the yarn, looks very cool.

Dallas Shaw said...

the yarn is fantanstic

dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com