Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Inspired

At the moment I am looking out the window onto a beautiful sunny day. It's been a great day! I feel really excited about my business right now and all of it's potential. It's been one year since we packed up and made the move to portland from texas, which I think was the best decision that brian and I could have made. Although we miss all of our friends + family back home dearly, it has been a dream come true. I love more than anything living in a city full of artists and dreamers and people really working at what they believe in. Reflecting back on the year, I think one of the toughest things for me has been working from home. I know...how sad. I have all the freedom in the world, while some others are stuck working inside not able to see the light of day. At times, I get into my jewelry and art and get busy with all of the things that come along with running a small business and forget to go experience what the day has to offer. It's always inspiring and refreshing to be around people that are experiencing or have experienced the same things you are going thru. Last night I attended a workshop/meeting organized by Grace Bonney of DesignSponge that I had marked on my calendar back in october! It was a wonderful evening. Amy Ruppel spoke very candidly about her experiences as an Illustrator/small business owner. I have admired her work for years and it was great to learn that she is such a sweet person! There was also a woman speaking from Mercy Corps NW and Grace the woman behind DesignSponge and the fabulous evening shared some of her PR and Marketing advice. I'm happy that I went, now I've got more work to do!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

spring in portland somehow makes the winter rains all worth it.

Mika said...

Such pretty crocus!! :)