Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Good Ol' Texas

Texas o Texas! It's always nice to come back for a visit. I'm on day 7 of a month long vacation away from home and away from brian. It's all been a beautiful time so far. I was in dallas celebrating mother's day, my aunt's birthday and catching up friends that we've missed seeing as often now since we moved away. I have been hanging out in Austin for the past few days. Austin is where I spent most of my days in college. South Austin folks in particular live by the motto "Keep Austin Weird" and yesterday was no exception for one man that I saw strolling down the sidewalk in nothing but a little white thong! Portland lives by the same motto, but I've yet to see a man walking down the street like that! I love it! I didn't get a picture of him, I'm sorry, but here's a lovely picture of lots of boots that I saw at New Bohemia while shopping on South Congress. Tonight at 3am, I'll be departing Austin with 8 other girls for a road trip down to Destin, Florida for my friend Cara's bachelorette party! Super excited! After the bachelorette party, my mom will be picking me up in Florida and we'll be doing some traveling in Florida for awhile ;) I am so ready for the beach, sun, sand, and sunsets!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i want all those boots!~
sounds like you're having a rip-roaring good time. can't wait to hear more...

Linda Blondheim said...

I'll be interested in your reports from Florida. I live in Gainesville, Home of the Fightin Gators!!!
Linda Blondheim
www.lindablondheimartnotes.blogspot.com